Saturday, February 23, 2013

Another year. More amazing.

This year my birthday fell on a provincial holiday - Family Day. We had a rather relaxing weekend, none of which was centred around the usual birthday fanfare like parties or gifts. I did just get a new car last month so I'd been sufficiently spoiled. My mom sent me a birthday card and a gift certificate for Winners from Florida so I went out shopping alone (!) on Saturday and ended up getting all of this for $51 (socks, leggings, dress, picture frame - a gift for a friend's little girl I just had to buy, hand towel, screen protector for iPhone). Most items were on clearance.



We had dinner plans for Saturday, however, our guests encountered some pretty serious weather and snow squalls so had to turn back. The weather out where we are wasn't too bad at all and since we already had they boys in bed, the wine chilling, and the food in the oven, we called up a friend close by to join us and we had a great night anyway.

Sunday we lazed around the house and DH and I watched a movie in the evening.

Monday, my actual birthday, was gloriously sunny. Since one of my goals for this year was making our house a home, I pulled together some of my favourite photos and frames I had lying around and DH put a couple up on the wall for me. We had some gifted swimming passes from Christmas that needed to be used up by the end of February so all of us went to a local city pool. We even invited some friends and their kids to join us. After swimming, we stopped at a chip truck for a snack which was such a treat since we usually only get french fries from a chip truck in the summer time. For dinner, DH made pizza from scratch and we enjoyed chocolate cake (my birthday present from my sister). Then B and I Skyped with my mom.

All day long, the hubby asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday since it was my special day. I felt weird not wanting for any particular gift or to do any particular activity - except take time away from working on my paper for school. I think I really am just happy with everything in my life right now. So I guess that's a good sign!  Plus... I have an incredibly caring husband, these two silly boys in my life, and so so much birthday love from friends and family by phone, messages, and Facebook. I really am blessed!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kristy!! Glad you had an awesome relazing day

Kristy said...

Thank you, thank you! It really was nice.